Situated just 40 miles North of Chicago and 55 Miles South of Milwaukee, you’ll find a variety of transportation options, a competent workforce, and abundant natural amenities along miles of Lake Michigan’s Shore Line. We think you’ll agree the area is ripe with opportunity few others in the region can offer.
- Waukegan Lakefront
- Waukegan Gateway District
- North Chicago / Great Lakes
- Zion Lakefront
- Zion Industrial Parks
National / International Corporations
- WMS Gaming
- Abbott Laboratories
- Cardinal Health
- Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
- Waukegan National Airport (UGN) is a full service public airport offering the best in convenience, customer care and value to private, corporate, business, executive and governmental aircraft that choose to operate in Northeast Illinois and Southeast Wisconsin. A U.S. Customs office is also available, which provides clearances for direct international arrivals.
- Chicago O’hare and Milwaukee’s General Mitchell.
- The Metra Rail Union Pacific North Line can deliver you to downtown Chicago in about 1 hour.
- Pace Bus Boarding and Turnaround Facility located in Downtown Waukegan
- Convenient Access to Interstate 94
- Access to All Major Lake County thoroughfares including US 41 and IL Routes 43, 131, 120, 137.
- Waukegan Harbor offers a full service marina and an active commercial port.
- College of Lake County
- Robert Morris University
- Rosalind Franklin University.
- Vista Health System
- Midwest Cancer Hospital
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Captain James A Lovell Federal Health Care Center
- Illinois State Beach Resort offers the only premiere resort hotel in the state that is nestled into the shimmering beaches of Lake Michigan.
- Waukegan Harbor offers a full-service marina with available slips for more than 800 boats.
- Winthrop Harbor, the largest marina on the Great Lakes.
- Genesee Theatre is one of the largest regional venues attracting tens of thousands of patrons each year.
- Award Winning Parks – Waukegan Park District maintains award winning parks throughout the area.
- Six Flags Great America – One of the largest theme parks in the Midwest.
- Keylime Cove – Year round family resort with indoor water park.
- Regional Shopping – Gurnee Mills is the largest outlet and value shopping destination in Illinois.